Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Women of Wednesday: Past. Present. Future.


Forever is composed of nows.  ~Emily Dickinson   















Eternity is not something that begins after you are dead.  It is going on all the time.  ~Charlotte Perkins Gilman














It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis.  ~Margaret Bonnano









God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.  ~Isak Dinesen







 






It's but little good you'll do a-watering the last year's crops.  ~George Eliot, Adam Bede, 1859






 


You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.  ~Jan Glidewell



Living the past is a dull and lonely business; looking back strains the neck muscles, causing you to bump into people not going your way.  ~Edna Ferber






and one of my favorites:



Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.  Let me learn from you, love you, savour you, bless you before you depart.  Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.  Let me hold you while I may, for it will not always be so.  One day I shall bury my face in the pillow, or raise my hands to the sky, and want, more than all the world, your return.   -- Mary Jean Irion

No comments: